The Badamibagh Cantonment is a class II Cantonment established in the year 1954, covering a total area of 1458.537 Acres including civil area of 313.50 Acres. As per Census figure of 2011, the total population in BB Cantt is 22214.
Before Independence, there were 81 Cantonments in the country, of which 56 accured to the indian dominion after 15 Aug. 1947. Since then six stations have been declared as Cantts (including BB Cantt in 1954) taking the figure to 62. As on date, this is the only Cantonment in Northern Command.
Badamibagh Cantonment Board is energizing its best efforts and resources to realize its mission and objective.
* To achieve full transparency in the functioning of the Board.
* To offer the best possible civic amenities to its citizens.
* To improve human face of the Board.
* To serve with a sense of duty and smile.
* To be proactive in solving the problems of the citizens.
* To strive to be more responsible and responsive to the needs of the citizens.
* To make the Cantonment clean and green.
* To ensure healthy environment for the citizens.
* To utilize the resources in a judicious way in the best interests its citizens.
* To provide quality primary education at affordable cost.
* To provide basic health facilities at affordable cost.
* To emerge as the best Cantonment providing an environment where civil population and army can receive high quality services.
* To remain a self sustaining and financially stable local body and to strive to fulfill this vision.
* To improve the quality of life of the residents.
* Promoting partnership of community i.e. ensuring maximum participation of the people.
* Optimal use of resources.
* Constantly measuring and improving our standards.
* Providing services in a courteous and professional way.
* High quality/cost effective services.
* To develop new services and eliminate obstacles to demonstrate our commitment of being responsive to the needs of Cantonments residents.
* Respect and compassion.
* Dedication to our duties and values.
* Professionalism in our work.
* Attitude of service to the Cantonment residents.